My name is Laura Flores Macom and I am a candidate for the 45th Judicial District Court. I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and detail my qualifications for the district court bench.
As a judge, I would be committed to treating all litigants with compassion and all attorneys with respect. As a life-long Democrat who has worked for conservative defense firms for over a decade as well as practicing family law as a solo practitioner for four years, I have a unique perspective on the judicial process. My agenda is justice. Fundamental fairness, based on the law, is my passion.
San Antonio – my lifelong home.
- 8th generation descendant of a Spanish land grantee.
- Grew up in Leon Valley
- Graduate of John Marshall High School
- Graduate of The University of Texas at Austin
- Member of Alpha Phi
Becoming a lawyer – my lifelong dream.
- Summer law clerk at the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Dallas for the Honorable Sue LaGarde and Honorable Frances Maloney
- Graduate of Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Order of Barristers and the Outstanding Advocate of my class.
- Briefing Attorney for the Honorable Tom James at the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Dallas
Practicing law – my lifelong commitment.
- Sixteen years of experience in civil litigation including:
- Product liability litigation, commercial litigation, insurance litigation, and construction litigation at Ball & Weed
- Product liability litigation at Prichard Hawkins & Young
- Family law, probate, and general civil litigation at the Law Office of Laura F. Macom
- Medical malpractice and professional liability litigation at Evans, Rowe & Holbrook
- My legal experience here in Bexar County includes jury trials, bench trials, binding arbitration, complex hearings, and appeals; I am amply prepared for the cases which will be heard within the 45th Judicial District Court.
Community Service – my lifelong passion.
- 2008 Chair of the Women's Chamber of Commerce
- Our Lady of Grace Parish:
- Past ACTS director/ co-director/ spiritual companion and team member
- Past ACTS Core president
- Past TACTS spiritual companion
- Current Lector
- Current RCIA team member
- Founding coordinator of the Adult Bible Study program.
- Founding Member of the Women's Pavilion at HemisFair Park
- Past Executive Member of the Parent-Teacher Club of Incarnate Word High School.
My Family – my lifelong love.
- Married to my high school sweetheart and husband for over twenty-five years – Carl
- Together we are the proud parents of two strong young women, Sarah and Perry.
- Sarah is a graduate of Incarnate Word High School and Loyola University New Orleans. Sarah is a newlywed and lives out of state with her husband, Jon.
- Perry is a graduate of Incarnate Word High School and is currently attending UTSA.